This order continues a new project to rid the collection of unused items, and replace them with the titles that are already popular with patrons, or which are widely requested.
If you see some empty shelves in the DVD section, or if I’m out there pulling titles off the shelf like crazy, don’t worry, those areas will soon be filled with new TV and movies, as well as some other things that we’re thinking about that we’ll talk about later. Oh, and Midsomer Murders will return! We’re just trying to combine episodes where we can.
For now, here’s the list this week. Again, it mostly includes things we already have, but that we needed more copies of. Let us know on Facebook or Twitter which ones you’re most excited about!
- August, Osage County
- The Blacklist (Season 1)
- Body of Proof (Seasons 1 & 3)
- Forrest Gump
- The Gatekeeper (This was by far our most-checked-out item in the collection. Who knew?)
- Go For It!
- How I Met Your Mother (Seasons 1-7 & 9)
- The Ice Harvest
- Inspector Lewis (Seasons 4-6)
- M*A*S*H (Season 2)
- Men of Honor
- Midsomer Murders (Series 1-11)
- The Proposal
- Revolution (Seasons 1&2)
- Rockford Files (Seasons 1-6)
- Scott & Bailey (Seasons 1 & 2)
- Sex and the City (Season 2)
- Supernatural (Seasons 1-9)
- The Vikings (History Channel, Seasons 1 & 2)
- Weeds (Seasons 1-8)
- Wild Hogs
It’s time again to start ordering new stuff! This is a pretty good cart, if I do say so myself. Some of them are REALLY new releases, so don’t expect them any time soon. THE LIST AWAITS:
- 22 Jump Street
- Boardwalk Empire Season 4
- Californication Season 7
- Dalziel & Pascoe Season 10
- Doctor Who Series 4, Part 1
- Edge of Tomorrow
- Helix Season 1
- Hell on Wheels Season 3
- Hinterland Season 1
- House of Cards Season 2
- 4 different versions of Macbeth
- A Million Ways to Die in the West
- NCIS:LA Season 5
- Need for Speed
- Orphan Black Season 2
- The Other Woman
- Parks and Recreation Season 6
- The Walking Dead Season 4
I love Bob’s Burgers. The kids’ humor is just dark and twisted enough to give the show an edge without being too much, and there’s plenty of life lessons and weird family bonding to be had at the same time.
We’ve got a couple copies of each of the first two seasons, and I’ll be sure to add more as time goes on. Look for it next time you’re in.
Got some good TV and movies in this batch this week. It also includes Anchorman (the first one), and I cannot figure out how we don’t have a single copy of that movie in this building. People not being good to their DVDs, I guess. BE GOOD TO YOUR DVDs PEOPLE.
Here’s the list:
- 24 – Season 8 (Reorder)
- Big Valley – Season 1 (Reorder)
- Graceland – Season 1
- Lost – Season 6 (Reorder)
- Manhunt – The Complete Series
- Rizzoli & Isles – Season 4
- Suits – Season 3
- Torchwood: Miracle Day (TV show movie)
- True Blood – Season 6
- True Detective – Season 1 (YES!)
- Walker, Texas Ranger – Seasons 5, 7, & 8 (Final) (Reorders)
- Alan Partridge
- Anchorman (Seriously, how did we not have this)
- Bad Words
- The Best Offer
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- Lost in Austen (Reorder)
- The Selfish Giant
- Smokin’ Aces & Smokin’ Aces 2 (Reorders)
- T2 – Judgement Day (Easily the best Terminator) (Reorder)
- Whatever Happened to Baby Jane (Reorder)
- Wrong Cops
I love Netflix’s “House of Cards.” It scratches an itch for political drama TV shows that was previously satisfied by the first 4(ish) seasons of The West Wing.
Those of you that are fans of the show (and that also appreciate a good parody), should definitely check out the up-and-coming tumblr “House of Carbs” for a good laugh.
We have House of Cards here at the library, but good luck getting one of the four copies, as it’s one of those titles that pretty consistently stays checked out. Click here to see their availability info.
You might check out The West Wing while you’re waiting, though: here’s the list of those seasons, in an order only our catalog could love.